In order to grow your small or medium businesses, aside from strategic management, growing your business database is the way to go. So how does an aspiring entrepreneur find out what are critical factors to consider?
These are the most important questions in establishing your business database:
- What is the enterprise’s reason for existence?
- What product are you selling?
- Who are your suppliers?
- Who is your primary and other target market?
Most basic company databases are presented in excel or .csv file extension for a tabular view. This is to simplify the basic information that is needed in every business contact. So what other important fields are necessary? These are the following:
- Company Name – Business Entity Identification
- Contact Person – The key person to discuss business transactions such as partnerships, supply trade, project contracts or distributorship.
- Business Email – The corporate email of the contact person (E.g. Ton@helensph.com). Usually not in a form of freemails such as @yahoo, @google or @msn.
- Address - Provides location such as exact address, city, state, postal code.
- Corporate Phone – Contact person mobile phone or company telephone.
- Revenue – Estimates monthly, annual revenue. Useful for market segmentation.
After getting the basic information for your business database, what are tips for the entrepreneur?
- Database Customization – Customization for Business Databases is necessary in order to cater to a certain business industry. To cite an example, a group of UK web developers just formed a BPO center. Since it is new, they wanted to get some business leads so they decided to purchase a business database on different companies starting in the UK country. But in order for these business contacts to be efficient, they need to ensure that the companies selected in the business list would not have existing websites so they would be able to quote and make proposals to possible clients.
- Daily Operations – Business Contacts are dynamic, from time to time contact information are updated or lost. Day to day contact with business operations would ensure a constant supply of customers and business partners alike.
- Technological Advances – There are a lot of software that synchronizes data nowadays. Business units or outlets would be able to gather more business contacts through syncing.
- Intelligence Sharing – There is a saying no man Is an island. This goes the same for businesses. Partnerships are formed so we can grow business listing on our clients and industry.
If you are a small medium enterprise (SME) and wanted to start of on a trail of fresh quality leads of company databases, please visit www.businesslistdatabase.com and request for quotations and samples.